Try This Immune Boosting Herbal Remedy
It’s that time of year again when various bugs and viruses are wreaking havoc on our immune systems. Much of the time, the preparation for cold & flu season starts after we start experiencing the symptoms. In reality, we should be preparing our bodies all year round. Instead of heading right to over-the-counter medications or antibiotics, look to some natural remedies to aid your body in prevention as opposed to recovery. Here at Naturna, we make it our mission to provide you with the tools you need to stay healthy around the clock. We don’t realize how much control we have over our ability to fight infections and diseases and it all starts with what we put into our bodies.
Did you know that herbal remedies have been used for centuries to strengthen the immune system? Humans have relied on nature’s gifts to stay healthy since time immemorial. In fact, herbal remedies have been an integral part of traditional medicine systems worldwide. Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, and Native American practices all incorporate natural ingredients like turmeric, ginger, and garlic to enhance immunity.
Today’s spotlight is on an herbal remedy that is taking the holistic healthcare space by storm: Fire Cider. This herbal concoction is both rich in benefits and flavor. The preparation has been around for centuries, but the name was first coined in the 1970’s by herbalist and educator, Rosemary Gladstar. The best part? You can customize this recipe however you see fit. Not only can you make this as a stand-alone herbal cocktail, but you can also use it in a variation of other recipes as a dressing or a pulp. No matter what suits your fancy, let food be your medicine.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of organic garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 organic jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh grated organic ginger root (or organic ginger root powder)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated organic horseradish root (or organic horseradish powder)
- 1 Tbsp. organic turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. organic cayenne powder
- 2 Tbsp. of dried rosemary leaves
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw, local honey, or to taste
How to prepare:
- Prepare all your ingredients and place them in a glass container or mason jar.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar until all of the ingredients are submerged
- Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or a plastic lid if you have one. Shake well.
- Store in a dark, cool place for a month and remember to shake daily.
- After one month, strain out the pulp.
- Add raw honey and stir until incorporated.
- Taste the magic and enjoy!
In a world full of synthetic solutions, let’s not forget the treasures nature provides. Explore the rich history of herbal remedies and unlock the secrets to a fortified immune system. Together, let’s nurture our well-being the natural way! Embracing herbal remedies can be a fantastic way to support your immune system naturally. From teas and tinctures to supplements and essential oils, the options are endless. Consult with a healthcare professional to discover what works best for you! For more information, reach out to us at Info@naturnalife.com for more information.
Fire cider: Food as medicine. Shelburne Farms. (n.d.). https://shelburnefarms.org/about/news-and-stories/fire-cider-food-medicine#:~:text=Although%20the%20preparation%20has%20been,pungent%20plants%20in%20the%20recipe.
Friends, O. (2017, September 27). Traditional fire cider recipe (and 2 tangy twists). blog. https://blog.mountainroseherbs.com/fire-cider